Anytime I walk into CVS, I walk out thirty dollars closer to withdrawing my bank account. As much as I love a good quality foundation or mascara, sometimes a $7 lipstick absolutely does the trick! I took a survey in the Red Dress creative office to compile a list of the best drugstore beauty products for you guys to try.
- Natural Glowing Foaming Daily Moisturizer: I am super pale, and I have tried out just about every self tanner in the world. So far nothing compares to Jergen’s foaming self tanner. It applies more evenly than lotion, and you see the results pretty quickly. In one application, I am usually good to go! (Quick Tip: If you don’t want to buy a tanning glove, may I suggest rubbing in your tanner with a plastic baggie? Throw one on over your hand and its a great way to keep your hands from turning oomph loompa orange, also the plastic doesn’t soak in any of the tanning foam so it all goes onto your body!)
- Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin: This lotion is an integral part of my skin care routine. It is light on my skin and is the best moisturizer I have ever used… hands down.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub: Ever since I started using this scrub in the morning, I have been complimented on how even and clear my skin looks. It is a light exfoliant- so it doesn’t feel too harsh and is great for your face. It smells fresh, and I love how smooth it makes my skin.
- CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Liquid Makeup: I absolutely love this foundation. I prefer liquid to powder foundation because I feel like it offers more coverage, but I never want my makeup to feel caked on. This foundation feels very light, but I still feel like it adequately covers blemishes and evens out my skin. An added bonus- it is great on sensitive skin. If a product doesn’t make me break out in a rash, everyone is likely safe to use it!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: Hannah swears by this concealer. The sponge applicator helps smooth out the concealer and ensure it applies evenly. Not only does it work to cover up dark circles and lines, it also helps to actually reduce puffiness.
- Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Night Calming: Kristen loves these night calming cleaning towelettes. When you don’t have time for your normal nighttime routine, these are a great way to quickly remove your makeup while simultaneously cleansing your face. They are extra-gentle and good for every skin type.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer: This is absolutely my favorite drugstore bronzer. Especially in the summer, I love to have a little shimmer in my bronzer, and this Hard Candy bronzer has the perfect amount of shine to give me that little bit of glow.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara: You can all thank Abby for this one ladies, at $2.99 she swears by it. I will try almost anything for three dollars, and Abby says that this mascara definitely does the trick.
- Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow in Impressionist: This is the best drugstore eyeshadow. I love to wear neutral colors on my eyes, and this palette has all of my favorite hues. Also for those of you who are a little unsure when it comes to applying eyeshadow, the placement of the shadow makes it easier to understand what color goes where on your lid, crease, and brow bone.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Liner Brow & Eye Pencil, Bronzed: As cautious as I am to venture into territory that is as cheap as Wet n Wild, I have to say that I really like their eyeliner. I like to do bronze or a shimmery light brown eyeliner on my waterline, it really makes my eyes pop and isn’t too much on my face like a black eyeliner sometimes is.
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lipcolor, Red Revival: This is my all time favorite lipstick. I am so picky about the shade of red I buy for lipstick- I don’t want it to look too pink or too orange, and this color is the best red I have ever had! This lipstick lasts forever, and I have it in four or five different colors. I cannot recommend it enough!
- eos- Strawberry Sorbet Smooth Sphere Lip Balm: Meghan’s favorite drugstore product is eos lip balm, and she goes for the strawberry sorbet flavor. This chapstick is not only super fun but is a great moisturizer.
So there you have it! All of our favorite, super affordable beauty products.
xoxo, Red Dress Boutique