Curating a perfect summer wardrobe can be quiet difficult. If you’re anything like me, you buy too many of a certain thing or type of thing. At the beginning of spring, I spent most of my wardrobe budget on skirts. I love skirts, obviously more than most people, but they’re definitely not something you would wear everyday. Im guilty of neglecting practical pieces during the summer too. I love wearing boots, so my usual way of thinking is that I’ll wear the boots more, so I don’t buy things like sandals or flip flops. So to help put things in perspective for my next shopping trip, I’ve compiled a list of spring/summer’s most popular trends as well as a few staples that will last for years to come.
1. White is a super bring trend this spring and summer. Sounds weird, right? How can such a basic color be a “trend?” But I’m seeing it everywhere, and it’s the perfect color to keep you cool during these upcoming hot months. Not to mention it’s a classic, and you should have at least one white dress in your closet.
2. Hoop Earrings may seem like a thing of the past or a trend briefly mentioned in Mean Girls. I mean, when one thinks hoop earrings, one usually thinks J. Lo circa early 2000s. But as with all fashions, it will have its day once again, and that day is now. Of course, you don’t have to do it the J. Lo way. You can find some cute dainty gold hoops that will add a little something extra to your look.
3. Everyone needs a good pair of wedges. Whether their black, white, brown, gold, etc. you can’t go wrong buying a good pair of wedges.
4. Summer is all about super easy styles that are comfortable and can be thrown on with just about anything at anytime of the day. Don’t feel like planning out an outfit for work? Just throw on a comfy dress. Need something easy to slip on after a day at the beach? This dress is a perfect solution!
5. Okay, I may not be a huge fan of sandals, but everyone needs a cute (repeat CUTE) pair of sandals in their closet. I may not wear them all the time, but their great for beach trips, barbecues, or days at the pool.
6. I’m not gonna lie here. I wear denim shorts almost everyday during the summer, and I’m betting I’m not the only one. No further explanation needed.
7. Not all feel confident showing off their midsection in crop tops, but you can wear them with some high waisted bottoms, and you’re problem is solved! Or, if you are confident enough, rock that midsection! I can almost honestly say I’ve never seen a crop top that I didn’t think was completely adorable.
8. Summer is the season of neutrals and fringe! This bag is the perfect combination of the two and is great for any outdoor events you have planned. They look awesome with shorts or one of those easy dresses I mentioned earlier.
9. We have T. Swift to thank for this one. Matching sets are perfect for when you want to look a little more put together! Also, you can mix and match the pieces, so that’s a bonus.
Red Dress Boutique